I am a seasoned business executive and professional engineer with 38 years of experience.
After two decades of executive leadership with a large firm, I retired in 2020 and established Intentional AdVennTures, LLC to share my career experiences through leadership coaching, consulting, and board governance roles.
Prior to my current venture, I enjoyed 28 years with Larson Design Group (LDG). In that time, LDG grew from 50 people in Williamsport, PA into a $57 million national architecture, engineering & surveying company with 385 employees.
During my tenure as President and CEO from 2000-2020, LDG emerged as a national firm based on a strong vision for growth, its employee-ownership culture, and by executing:
- Client projects in 43 states
- 9 organic office start-ups across five states
- 2 merger & acquisition transactions
- 2 ESOP-based generational ownership transitions
- Focused leadership development efforts
- Evolution of governance to add board committees and external directors
These efforts yielded CAGRs of 11% for revenue and 17% for stock value from 1999-2019 along with annual progress up the ENR Top 500 rankings to #282 in May 2020.
I also currently serve on the boards of the following private, employee-owned companies:
- Board Chair of Cargas Systems, Inc., a technology company in Lancaster, PA. I have been an external director at Cargas since 2016 and am a member of the Nominating & Governance and Audit & Risk Committees.
- Board Chair of Advanced Conversion Technologies, Inc., a defense manufacturing subcontractor in Middletown, PA. I joined the ACT board in August 2022. I chair the Compensation Committee and am a member of the Audit Committee.
- External Director of Larson Design Group, Inc. since 2020. I chair the Board’s Compensation & Talent Committee and am on the Nominating & Governance Committee. I earlier served as an internal LDG board director from 1995-2019.
My early career roles focused on bridge design and inspection work with TVGA, Inc., the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, and N.H. Bettigole, P.C. in NY, PA, and NJ.
I received a BS in Civil Engineering from Lehigh University and hold professional engineering licenses in Pennsylvania and New York. I am also a graduate of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Senior Executive Institute.